Pharmacy technicians are regulated by the Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy.
Both the PTCB and ExCPT are approved national certification exams by the State Board, and certification is required to practice as a pharmacy technician.
Before commencing work in a pharmacy, technicians must first be registered with the State Board.
Training is required (see below).
Competition for pharmacy technician roles in Wyoming is currently high.
Wyoming State Requirements
To obtain a pharmacy technician license in Wyoming, the State Board has issued their own requirements for candidates to meet. These include:
- Candidates must be 18-years or older.
- Candidates must have earned a high school diploma or GED and must be proficient in the English language.
- Candidates may be expected to undergo a criminal background check, including having fingerprints taken. Candidates must not have had a history of drug-related crimes.
- Registered technicians must have completed formal training – either on-the-job training under the supervision of a pharmacist and with an intention of completing formal national certification, including the PTCB exam or the ExCPT test. Candidates must be able to provide evidence of a board-approved training program.
- Candidates must apply to the Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy. Include a passport photo with your application; and application must be notarized. Non-refundable application fee: $15.00.
- Continuing education is required by the State Board of Pharmacy – 6-hours for technicians who wish to renew.
- Licenses must be renewed every 1-year at a cost of $35.00.
Wyoming Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $21.61hr
PTCB Requirements for Wyoming Pharmacy Techs
The following requirements have been issued by the PTCB for candidates who wish to become pharmacy technicians in Wyoming:
- Candidates must be at least 18-years old.
- Candidates must have earned a GED or high school diploma.
- Candidates must have a clean criminal record – with no felonies.
- Candidates must have completed a recognized PTCB course.
- Candidates must register and complete the application from on the official PTCB website. The standard fee is $129.00, though, due to COVID-19, this has been reduced to $115.00.
Requirements for PTCB Continuous Education
To maintain the pharmacy tech license in Wyoming, candidates must complete CE – or continuous education.
- Candidates must have completed at least 20-hours of CE in a 2-year cycle.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1-hour of this training in pharmacy law and regulations, and an additional hour in patient safety.
- PTCB requires that CE must be related to the professional work and practice of a pharmacy technician.
- Candidates must pay the requisite fee of $40.00, which must be paid every 2-years.
Please Note – PTCB Test Prep does its best to ensure that all information related to pharmacy tech licensing in Wyoming is accurate and up to date. However, whilst we do our best to ensure that our details are as accurate as possible, at the time of writing, we do expect candidates to follow up with their State Board for any of the latest information that may have come to pass. If you notice any out-of-date details on this summary, please email us at email@example.com and we will review any issues brought to our attention and rectify any issues as soon as practicable.