District of Columbia
District of Columbia does not require registration or licensing of pharmacy technicians. However, candidates increase their employability in what is a growing market by earning their PTCB certification.
Though there are minimal courses in Washington DC, there are online courses – such as those here at PTCB Test Prep – to assist you in the training necessary to become a qualified and effective pharmacy technician.
District of Columbia State Requirements
To obtain a pharmacy tech license in Washington DC, candidates must:
- Candidates must be 18-years or older.
- Candidates must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Candidates are expected to undergo a thorough criminal background check.
- PTCB certification is NOT required to practice in District of Columbia.
Colorado Continuing Education Requirements
- Pharmacy technicians must undergo continuous education every 2-years and pay the requisite fee.
District of Columbia Pharmacy Technician Average Salary: $22.07/hr
PTCB Requirements for District of Columbia Pharmacy Techs
The following requirements have been issued by the PTCB for candidates who wish to become pharmacy technicians in District of Columbia:
- Candidates must be at least 18-years old.
- Candidates must have earned a GED or high school diploma.
- Candidates must have a clean criminal record – with no felonies.
- Candidates must have completed a recognized PTCB course.
- Candidates must register and complete the application from on the official PTCB website. The standard fee is $129.00, though, due to COVID-19, this has been reduced to $115.00.
Requirements for PTCB Continuous Education
To maintain the pharmacy tech license in DC, candidates must complete CE – or continuous education.
- Candidates must have completed at least 20-hours of CE in a 2-year cycle.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1-hour of this training in pharmacy law and regulations, and an additional hour in patient safety.
- PTCB requires that CE must be related to the professional work and practice of a pharmacy technician.
- Candidates must pay the requisite fee of $40.00, which must be paid every 2-years.
Please Note – PTCB Test Prep does its best to ensure that all information related to pharmacy tech licensing in District of Columbia is accurate and up to date. However, whilst we do our best to ensure that our details are as accurate as possible, at the time of writing, we do expect candidates to follow up with their State Board for any of the latest information that may have come to pass. If you notice any out-of-date details on this summary, please email us at email@example.com and we will review any issues brought to our attention and rectify any issues as soon as practicable.